Monday, August 24, 2009

Blippin' Jazz

20090823

Listening to Miles Davis’ Bitches Brew. Miles was working on it exactly 40 years ago. Some may disagree, but it’s my favorite Miles album, and that certainly is saying something.

Photobucket

Great Mati Klarwein jacket, too. I put it up on my new jazztrain profile on blip.fm

Photobucket

http://blip.fm/~c7fgk

But here ya go, should you be interested:



A funky, spacey sound.

I think this jazz profile pretty much completes things for me on blip.fm. Maybe someday I might get back in a country / folk sort of mood, but it’s been many years now since I really have been into that. Every now and then I’ll listen to a song or even a CD, but I can’t say I’ve gotten into a particular phase in a long time.

While you can search within blip.fm for music--and sometimes it’s necessary, because YouTube doesn’t have everything--yet--YouTube really is, as you probably already know, just an amazing treasury of clips. Mostly I’ve been exploring classical, rock/pop, blues, and now jazz, in that order.

I’ve probably mentioned it before, but one of the nice features of blip.fm is you can link each profile to a Twitter account, which I have, and that enables you to meet some interesting folks. For instance, my first follower on my jazztrain Twitter was TheDaveHolland.



http://blip.fm/~c74to

It seems that sometimes that’s updated by his people and sometimes by him.

I was followed by Paul Winter after I mentioned on my classical Twitter

http://twitter.com/musicaclassica

(linked to my blip.fm that I wasn’t in the mood for classical, but was instead listening to world music, like Kitaro and Paul Winter. This piece, Anabela, is beautiful with Brazilian guitarist/vocallist Renato Braz
and Winter sweetly playing sax. I used to apply the now rather musty label, “New Age,” to him, but “World Music” fits well now, because Winter has often incorporated Third World and Native American music, not to mention many nature sounds at times.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I enjoyed listening--thanks for posting!